Sunday, August 9, 2009

Finished a few.

It is interesting how blogging affects me. As events are happening I think my blog about it , then when I sit down to blog I can't-for-the-life-of-me remember what I wanted to blog about.
I did tell you I finished some of my mosaics. (I am holding out on the one I made my sister though.) This first one is a repair job. I have it hanging in my living room and for some reason it has fallen off the wall about 5 times and the last time 2 pieces, 1 at either long corner, popped of and I had to re glue and re grout them. I can't see a difference, can you? It works as a test model as it fell 5 times before anything broke. I would say that is pretty sturdy. Of course it was onto carpeting, I really doubt the results would be the same on tiled floors.
The next 2 are my first birdhouses. They were fun to glass but a little tricky to grout. I set up a table at my yard sale and sold one of them.





This last is glassed over a wooden box, with pearls in the top. It was fairly fast even though I had to be very careful it would open and close when finished. Red is a hard color to find, but I think this turned out very pretty. Sorry the picture is blurry.


No comments: