Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year

(I have yet to figure out the picture process. How do you get them where you want them?)

I wanted to show the birds I found for my mother. Her Christmas tree has birds, small red apples, ice cicles, and snowflakes.

There is this cool gift shop called Treasure Alley, that I like to go into at Christmas time(since that is the only time I really shop). They have some unusual items that are not terribly expensive. I always find some great stocking stuffers ie; geods to break open yourself, dinosaur bones you have to dig out yourself from a small block, and a square 9 pieced puzzle that has four halves of critters that you rotate to create whole animals. So when I went in to find S.S. I found this green cloisinae parrot bell. My mom loves cloisinae and she has birds all over her tree. I just could not resist this. And then as I was returning
to my car I saw another shop that I had never entered before and hanging in the windows were birds. Birds on a string, 17 to be exact with beads between them, the beaks and tails are beads and tassels. I loved them instantly and hoped mom would love them as well.
I think she did. We hung it on
her white wall and they showed
up very nicely. (the picture is at my house in front of my fridge-it does not do them justice)







This final picture is Christmas Day. We took the boys sledding. They had a great time.
Have a great 2009 New Year!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Cute picture of the boys! I can't get the pictures were i want them either... I think it is a problem with blogger. I used to really work at it until the preview screen looked just right, then as soon as you publish the page the pictures move! So I gave up. Recently (ok so just on my very last post) I chose the option to put the picture in the middle, then just type under the picture... that seemed to work ok. Also a hint on getting your pics right side up. From the file manager you can just right click the picture and there should be a menu option to rotate clockwise or counterclockwise (do whichever you need to do). Hope that helps!