Saturday, October 23, 2010

PINK!

I went to visit my sister this summer. She is a quilter! She is in charge of charity quilts for her church and they were making "wonky" log cabin blocks out of scraps. I tried it and it was soo fun that when I got home I started cutting pink scraps, so I could start another quilt. Pink, "wonky" log cabin blocks 10"x10". Well I was stringing along sewing block upon block and having a great time. Thursday night I decided to take some time and count how many I had finished. I needed 42. I had 32 done and trimmed to size. I had 32 more started so Friday morning (since I don't go to work till 11am) I spent about two hours and the last 10 were finished and trimmed to size. I now have a stack of not needed "wonky" pink log cabins, most about 6" square. I see a baby quilt in my future. Z and A are not quite ready to have a baby, but they better have a girl first. (I have put in my order, do you think it will work?)
Now to, the not quite as fun, part. I have a fabric for the edge border that my mom helped me pick out. But I need a fabric to put between all the blocks. That means I have to find a fabric, of quality, that is compatible with the border, and suits me. There are very few resources here, so this next step may take me a while.
I have to finish my "strings, basket weave" quilt as well. I can sew on that while I hunt for my other pink fabric.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I sure hope you figure out pictures soon. I WANT TO SEE THEM! Good work.