Sunday, March 29, 2009

Buttons

I love love love buttons! One time while I was home (Denver-at my parents home.) I found a magazine of my sisters, Threads Oct/Nov 2008. On page 30 it has an article about buttons, very interesting and informative. It contains the web info for the NationalButtonSociety.org where I found an article about Norman Engler who did button mosaics. I copied two for you below, but if you are interested at all go to the site and look under Special topics and it shows them up close and give a lot of details. These pictures are LARGE and have thousands of buttons all sewn on.



I love love love mosaics and have given some thought to the idea of making a picture with buttons, but it has been done much better than I had envisioned. I really enjoyed these 'paintings'.

No comments: