Sunday, March 22, 2009

On hold and ...

This is an experiment my quilting sister told me about using the very small pieces to make a piece of fabric. What do you think? It was fun and I can see where I could improve on it. I have no idea how I will use it. But doesn't it look like a mosaic? Sort-of? I'm not clever enough to make it actually look like a picture or anything specific, but it is a novel idea and it satisfies my urge to never throw out the small bits and pieces and to make something productive out of them.



I'm thinking about another quilt. Already! Likely this one above. I'm a little stymied on the striped one, so I am organizing my fabrics. Talk about time consuming. First they are all stored in the crate, in different boxes and tubs depending on when I routed them out of my too crowded kitchen/craft space. I found some, but not all, in my forrays to find. But I found enough to satisfy my need to gather together. I made an appalling discovery...I habitually added to my pile without preshrinking when I got them home. OH NO. I have many (I mean MANY) to shrink and press before I can procede into any kind of production. Well that is probably good as I do not want to have two projects going at the same time. I really want to finish the stripes before I begin the next quilt. And it is getting warm enough to spend time in the crate doing my mosaics...

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Okay...I can see your next 2 quilts and making the 3rd one easier if you cut the strip you need for #2 and #3 at the same time that way you don't have to get the MESS of fabric out twice...

Mel said...

Cool quilt, I love the black and white stripes!

Laurie said...

get a towel and add the funky black and white as a design panel near one end. Decorate your whole bathroom with red towels and black and white... Or lime green with black and white or HotPINK with black and white--way to keep the kids from using YOUR towel!