Sunday, March 29, 2009

Talk about vintage fabrics!

As I said I have been going through ALL my fabrics. I came across this "vintage" fabric. It was probably added to my stash through a yard sale purchase. Not that I bought it because I loved it and couldn't go home without it, BUT because it was in a bag of other very useful pieces and the seller would NOT let me just take out what I did want to purchase, I HAD to take them all and this gem was among the rest. Now I'm sure it initially was purchased by someone to make curtains out of-- there are three yards of this choice stuff. My question is, now that someone came to their senses and got rid of it WHAT should I do with it? I could fussy-cut the pumpkins for an I SPY QUILT!





I could cut narrow strips and forget how unique it is. I COULD slip it carefully into a package and sneak-opps-ship it quietly to someone else and see if they have more creativity than I do and make something wonderful out of it! I am open to all ideas and if you secretly crave olive-gold-red fabrics covered with wine bottles and green filled wine glasses PLEASE ask for this remarkably....incredibly unique "vintage" piece. And if one day you go to your mailbox and find a package without a return address, don't be surprised if you open it and find......?

2 comments:

Micha said...

I think it looks like prime hostess apron stuff.

Mel said...

Cute post Aunt Patty Cake! I think Michelle's idea is great! You should make aprons for all your nieces.... :)